This document sets out how we manage personal information that is collected as part of our business practices. Our privacy guidelines have been reviewed to be in line with Australian Privacy legislation that is in effect from 12th March, 2014.
When discussing Your Information we are referring to personal Information that is defined by the Privacy Act and new legislation that has taken effect in 2014.
Personal information is any information or opinion about an identifiable individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
The kinds of information collected and held
Depending on the relationship with Eureka Conferencing we may collect and hold a range of different information about you.
This may include:
- your name
- business contact details including position title, street address, telephone number and mobile number
- Host and Guest Codes
- business financial information such as business credit card
- information on how you currently use or intend to use our services
How Your Information is collected
We may collect Your Information in a number of ways:
- Directly from you when you provide information to us through our help or sales telephone lines.
- Via online forms when you complete an online application form or submit an enquiry.
- From publicly-available sources when background research from company websites is undertaken.
- 3rd parties, if your name has been provided to us from a party known to you as a referral.
If you choose not to provide certain information about you, we may not be able to provide you with the service you require.
How Your Information is held
Your Information is held in electronic format in secure storage facilities that are owned and operated by our service providers. We take all reasonable steps to maintain the security of Your Information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosures.
While we take these steps to maintain the security of Your Information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist today.
How Your Information is used
We may use Your Information for a range of different purposes, including:
- providing products and services to you
- providing you with information about those products and services that will assist you with enquiries or purchases
- administering and managing the products and services we provide to you
- charging and billing you for the services that have been used
- collecting any amounts you may owe as result of service usage
- gaining an understanding of Your Information and communication needs
- performing research and analysis in order improve our customer service, products and offerings
- monitoring network use, quality and performance and to operate, maintain, develop, test and upgrade our systems and infrastructure
- as authorised or required by the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cth) and other laws
How Your Information is used for direct marketing
We may use Your Information for a range of marketing activities so that we can promote and market our products, services and special offers that we think will be of interest to you. This may be carried out via email, social media, online content and display advertising and may continue after you cease acquiring any products or service from us until you opt out via the websites (as outlined below) or by calling 1300 742 024.
How Your Information is disclosed
We may disclose Your Information to 3rd parties who provide services to us, including organisations and contractors that assist us with delivering our services. These include:
- mailing operations, billing and debt recovery functions
- information technology systems that are used for management or development of our business
- external market research companies that have been commissioned by us to undertake research on our services
- installation, maintenance and repair services
In some cases, the organisations that we may disclose Your Information to may be based outside Australia. Our billing system and marketing automation system providers are based in the United States of America. Both have strict guidelines and policies to maintain the security of Your Information.
How you can access or correct Your Information or make a privacy complaint
If you wish to access any personal information that we hold or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact us by calling 1300 742 024 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also use these contact details to notify us of any privacy complaints you have, including if you think we have failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) or the Privacy Act.
We are committed to responding to any complaints and resolving any issues, however you also have the option to lodge a complaint with the regulators:
Australian Information Commissioner: www.oaic.gov.au
Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman: www.tio.com.au